The Zinc Iron process is applied in a (bass) drum and (static) frame system in transparent and black finishes free of Cr VI, when the requirements demand high-resistance protection from corrosion and an attractive aesthetic appearance.
The system consists of a metal deposition in an alkaline electrolyte of Zinc Iron with a contribution of 0.5 % to 0.7 % of Fe; subsequently, the transparent or black passivation protects the Zinc Iron coating from white corrosion of iron and an additional seal (Top Coat) that penetrates in the passivation ends up closing its micro-cracks and pores.
The Top Coats applied are perfectly adapted to the prior passivations and, besides raising corrosion protection, they improve the aesthetic appearance and increase the surface hardness of the coating.
The coefficient of friction for the fixing elements may be modified in accordance with the International Standards of the automotive industry.
They have good ductility for possible subsequent mechanical operations.
The adhesion of epoxy paints or thread applications is excellent on all passivations, mainly Black ones (Without Top Coat Seals)
“The distribution and penetration into the interior of the workpiece is pretty good
Respects European Directive 2003/EC/53 and RoHS.”
The Zinc Iron Process may be finished with any of these finishes or combining several of them:
- ORGANIC TOP COATS
- LUBRICANTS FOR COEFFICIENT OF FRICTION
- WATER-REPELLENT OILS
- KATAPHORESIS *
- OVEN-LACQUERED *
- LAMELLAR ZINC
- PATCH NYLON, MICROENCAPSULATION, ETC *
* All Post finishes may be applied according to demand, some in subcontracting, with approved Partners & Suppliers with full logistics under the responsibility of GHSA (Kataphoresis Madrid, RollPac, Kerbkonus)
Resistance to Corrosion
- 200 hours without White Corrosion
- 600 hours without Red Corrosion
- 1h thermal shock at 120 º
- Aspect applications in automotive workpieces
- High corrosion resistance (automotive, electricity )
- Adhesion for hardware thread applications
- BMW GS 90010
- DIN 50962
- EN ISO 4042
- DBL 8451
- GME 00 252
- Volvo STD 5732, 104
- VW 13750 /TL153
NOTE: This is general information and is not in any case of a contractual nature since it needs to be confirmed by the conduction of tests and trials on each workpiece individually.